Latest news: What our customers should know
- To further protect our employees and customers, we are limiting employee contact with the public. For field operations, we will scale back work as resources dictate, which will be determined by local operations management.
- Technicians that enter homes will be dressed in additional personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary.
- While performing any interior work, our employees will ask individuals within the home to go to a different room for maximum distancing.
- These additional precautions will not change the company’s commitment to providing customers with high quality service. Rather, these efforts are another way to put safety first and help flatten the curve and further protect our community.
- The health and safety of our employees and our customers is always our top priority. Our technicians dispatched to your house are neither under quarantine nor exhibiting known signs of the virus. Our employees are practicing proactive hygienic steps, social distancing practices and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) to promote a safe environment for our customers.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has identified natural gas utility workers as “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” for the energy industry.
- We take our responsibility of being an essential service to heart. We are here and ready to continue providing service when you need it most. We understand natural gas is critical to ensuring community and national resilience during the COVID-19 response.
- Natural gas is used to meet everyday needs like heating our homes, cooking, drying clothes, and heating water for showering and sterilizing equipment.
- Natural gas utility service is essential to not only those at home helping to flatten the curve to support our medical providers and prevent community spread, but also to restaurants, manufacturing plants and emergency responders trying to figure out how to do business in this challenging environment.
It is standard practice for our employees to ask every day: “Are we being careful and keeping safety top of mind?”
Today, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has added a critical need for safeguarding against the spread of the virus in the community. Companies have a responsibility to do everything they can to limit the virus’ spread and help “flatten the curve.”
Because of the nature of their job, field employees can play an important role in helping to protect each other and customers from the virus. We have heeded the local, state, and federal governments’ recommendations of social distancing and implemented proactive, precautionary measures. Before being dispatched or entering a customer’s home or business, additional questions may be asked to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees.
Maintaining Quality Service
These additional precautions will not change the company’s commitment to providing customers with high quality service. Rather, we view these efforts as another way to put safety first. As we seek to protect our customers and employees, in limited circumstances, customers may experience delays.
During this rapidly evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to reassure our customers that their safety and reliance on receiving natural gas at their homes and businesses remains our top priority.
Ready to Help and Here for Customers
In order to lessen any financial hardship the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic may have on our customers, we are temporarily suspending disconnects due to nonpayment through April 15. We offer a variety of options to make payments or set up alternative payment plans. If you are facing financial difficulties, please contact us to discuss short-term payment extensions and long-term payment assistance.
The Share The Warmth program also provides energy assistance to those whose immediate financial resources simply cannot cover their home-heating expenses. Find out more information at OklahomaNaturalGas.com/special-services/share-the-warmth
Continuing to Respond to Emergencies
Throughout this pandemic, our teams remain hard at work. If you lose gas service or have an emergency, you can report it to us by calling 800-458-4251 at any time.
Update – 3/16/2020
Latest news: What our customers should know
- Due to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the increased potential risk to employees and customers, we are taking enhanced precautions and adjusting operations as necessary.
- We are prepared to meet the demands of this situation. Our operations remain stable and secure, as our teams are committed in continuing to provide reliable natural gas service for our customers.
- To continue providing safe and reliable service, we have implemented additional safety protocols and will ask customers additional questions when dispatching our technicians to homes or businesses.
- In order to lessen any financial hardship, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic may have on the company’s valued customers, we are offering alternative payment options.
In order to continue providing safe and reliable service, customers will be informed that we have implemented additional safety protocols when dispatching our technicians to customer homes or businesses. To assist us in supporting the safety of our customers and employees, customers will be asked the following questions:
- Are you or anyone in the home experiencing flu-like symptoms or signs of acute respiratory illness?
- Are you or anyone in the home currently under quarantine or have you or anyone in the home been exposed to anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
- Have you or anyone in the home tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and are currently under quarantine?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, our employees will not be allowed to enter an impacted premise for any reason; that means we will respond to a gas emergency without entering the premises. Once the quarantine has been lifted, we will be able to schedule a service-related request and enter the customer premises.
We will continue to update this page as the situation develops so please check back regularly. You can also contact us and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
A Message from our CEO
Dear Valued Customer,
At Oklahoma Natural Gas, a division of ONE Gas, our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, our customers and our communities. That’s why we are closely monitoring the coronavirus, or COVID-19, and taking precautions to provide you with the best possible service while protecting our employees and you, our customer.
We have a comprehensive, multi-tiered response plan with guidelines in place for our employees and how we provide service to our customers. Currently, all our operations are functioning normally. We will update our plan as needed based on conditions within our service areas and the states where we operate in consultation with local health agencies and the Center for Disease Control.
Visit this website for regular updates on COVID-19 and any changes to our operations.
Thank you for your continued loyalty.
Pierce H. Norton II
Chief Executive Officer, ONE Gas
Additional actions we’re taking to keep you safe:
- Safety First: At this time, our employees will continue to go into customer homes with an increased focus on social distancing (maintaining a 6-foot distance from others) and other proactive hygienic practices. Technicians dispatched to your house are neither under quarantine nor exhibiting known signs of the virus.
- Preventative Care: We have advised all employees to increase proactive hygienic steps like washing their hands frequently and covering sneezes and coughs. Employee exhibiting symptoms of any potential illness or who believe they may have an increased risk of exposure have been advised to stay home. Additionally, employees traveling to potentially high-risk areas have been advised to consult with our HR department prior to their return to work.
- Abundance of Caution: We’re providing extra disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers at every employee work location. Employees are encouraged to clean and disinfect workspaces, vehicles and shared equipment above and beyond our normal protocols.
If you have any concerns about the service you receive, please call our customer service line at 800-664-5463.
At this time, our operations are functioning normally. We will continue to monitor and update our operations based on CDC guidelines and in consultation with local health agencies based on conditions within our service areas and the states where we operate.