Reading Your Meter
Finding the Location of Your Gas Meter
Most of our meters are located above ground along property lines or in the utility easement. However, they can be located in a variety of other locations near or in houses or buildings. If you need help finding your meter, just call our Information Center at 800-664-5463.
How to Read and Report Your Reading Each MonthSome Oklahoma Natural Gas customers prefer to read their own gas meters. Reading your meter each month and filing the reading with Oklahoma Natural Gas is really quite simple.
Three simple steps are involved in reading your gas meter. Please refer to the example meter faces we've provided below when reviewing each of the three steps:
- Read each dial in the direction of the arrow, starting with the dial on the left.
- Notice the numbers are in a clockwise position on some dials, and a counterclockwise position on others.
- Record the last number the needle has passed, even if the needle has almost reached the next higher number.
How to Report Your Meter Reading
From the Oklahoma Natural Gas website:
- Log in to view your account
- Click on Welcome <your name>
- Select Make Changes to My Account
- Select Meter Reading
- Enter your current reading
- Click OK to submit reading
From any touch-tone phone:
- Dial 800-219-1378.
- Follow the prompts to enter a meter reading.