When it comes to everyday meals, hearty bowls and dinners are essential. This Vegetarian Lentil & Sweet Potato Stew is creamy, easy-to-make, and perfect for a weeknight meal! Made with simple ingredients, this one-pot meal is INCREDIBLY yummy and crave-worthy. Everyone will love the unique and delicious flavors of this hearty stew!
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup brown lentils
1 1/2 tbsp yellow curry powder
1/2 tsp ginger
Salt/pepper (to taste)
5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
2 cups chopped kale
1. Cook the onion and garlic in the coconut oil on your natural gas range over medium heat.
2. Add in the sweet potatoes and lentils, mix.
3. Add the yellow curry powder and ginger.
4. Mix, coating the sweet potatoes and lentils in the seasoning.
5. Pour the stock over everything and bring to a boil.
6. Lower to a simmer and cover for about 30 minutes, or until everything is soft.
7. Add the coconut milk.
8. Turn off the heat and add in the crushed red pepper and kale.
9. Serve and enjoy!