Report an Emergency

To report a natural gas odor or emergency, leave the area immediately and then call 911 and 800‑458‑4251.

What to Do If You Smell Gas

Natural gas is intentionally odorized so that the average person can smell it easily. Natural gas is flammable and can be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. If you think you have a leak follow these rules to avoid causing a spark, fire or explosion:

  • DON'T flip a light switch or ring a doorbell.
  • DON'T light a match or cigarette.
  • DON'T use your phone, tablet, computer or other mobile devices.
  • DON'T open or close your windows or garage door.
  • DON'T start your vehicle if nearby.